Bakkal is looking for a Frontend Developer who will be a part of our core engineering team. Your primary focus will be the development of Bakkal's web applications and their integration with backend services. You will work alongside other engineers, designers, and developers on different infrastructure layers. Therefore, a commitment to collaborative problem-solving, sophisticated design and the creation of quality products is essential.
Bakkal is an ethnic grocery ecosystem startup based in California. We aren't just another delivery service.
We create complete solutions for marketing ethnic products in the U.S. By 2022; ethnic supermarket sales are expected to reach $49.5 billion.
We are developing technology and infrastructure to become the largest ethnic goods marketplace in the country.
Our rapidly growing team includes skilled members from all domains and backgrounds, and we are currently building a world-class team. Our long-term mission and innovative culture make Bakkal a great place to work and learn.
Let's embark on this adventure together!
- Experience with Styled Components and CSS Modules.
- Good understanding of HTTPS, CORS, and Cross-Site Scripting prevention.
- High proficiency with React fundamentals such as JSX, Components, Conditional Rendering, and useState and useEffect Hooks.
- Professional experience in using one of the following: Webpack, esbuild, Rollup, Parcel, Vite.
- Professional experience with Unit Testing and Feature Testing.
- Professional experience with one of the following: Jest, React Testing Library, Cypress, and Enzyme.
- Knowledge of REST architectural style.
- Experience with Axios, Unfetch, or Superagent.
- Professional experience with Routers, Forms, and State Management.
- Professional experience with one of the following: Material UI, Chakra UI, or Ant Design.
- Professional experience using one of the following Git hosting services: GitHub, Gitlab, BitBucket.
- Competitive salary amp; stock options.
- Remote work. Relocation amp; VISA support for qualified candidates.
- $2000/year budget for development equipment.
- We provide a budget for coworking space if preferred.
- Mental amp; Physical Health Support.
- Up to 20 days/year of paid local holidays amp; fun team events.
- Professional development.
- Local benefits and social contributions in 80+ countries.